Friday 3 February 2012

Recent Purchases & Reviews/Swatches *PIC HEAVY*

Hello everyone of the blogging world! Tonight I have my most recent purchases and reviews to share with you. Hope you all enjoy.


WHAT? La Femme Blush on Rouge Singles
How much? $3.00 US (each)
Where from? Makeup Mania
Thoughts? For starters - How amazing is the price on these babies! I'm sure if you're a regular to beauty blogging/ers you would know all about these and how wonderful they are. There is a huge shade range and I fully intend to purchase the rest! For people who haven't experimented with blusher colour - I want you to know I stepped out of my comfort zone with some of these shades. Looking at them in their containers I think - I could never pull this off. But swatching them, opened up my eyes and seriously - I cannot wait to try all of these shades on my skin! I can't fault them! I HIGHLY recommend them for any kit whether it be beginner or advanced. My favourite and most used shade so far is 'Heather'.
Rating out of 5? 5

Shades from Top to Bottom 
Top row L-R 'Apricot', 'Golden Rose', 'Golden Sunset'
Middle row L-R 'Coral', 'Flamingo Pink', 'Peach', 'Pink'
Bottom row L-R 'Heather', 'Pink Velvet', 'Stormy Rose'

Swatches are in order of top to bottom!

WHAT? Lipgloss in shade 'Turkish Delight'
How much? $27.99 US
Where from? Ebay - Click!
Thoughts? To be completely and utterly honest with you all - I wasn't overly impressed with this lipgloss! I found it to be a bit too sticky and the shade wasn't as flattering as I initially thought it would be! However, it is not all bad. It is a nice shade, just perhaps not right for me. And unlike other lipglosses it doesn't have a bad smell/taste!
Rating out of 5? 3.5


WHAT? Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Original'
How much? $15.99 US
Where from? Ebay - Click!
Thoughts? I have nothing bad to say about this product. I love it. It's a repurchase and I use it almost everytime I apply eyeshadow. I don't experience creasing and it does what it's meant to! Highly recommended.
Rating out of 5? 5


WHAT? Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Sin'
How much? $17.99 US
Where from? Ebay - Click!
Thoughts? Since I fell so in love with the original formula of the primer potion I decided to buy it in 'Sin'. The colour is phuenomial. I love it! I would wear it just as an eyeshadow! The only downside to this is that if you are an idiot and overly enthusiastic about applying your shadow and apply straight after you whack on the primer - your shadow tends to clump! So lesson learned - Be patient and allow 30 second AT LEAST :)
Rating out of 5? 5



WHAT? Graftobian Corrector Palette
How much? $29.00 AUS
Where from? Makeup and Glow
Thoughts? I like it. I never really knew too much about corrector palettes. I mean it's silly right.. A fully qualified hairdresser who prides herself on knowing all about the colour wheel and the uses it has for my profession. All in all, I'm happy with the corrector palette. It comes with the 5 shades which cover most of the problem areas for people. Given that I had experienced a breakout recently I think it has definitely helped with covering that and for that I can find no downside! Oh and also - I love that there is a cheat sheet on the back - So helpful for people who don't know the colour wheel.
Rating out of 5? 5



WHAT? Rimmel Silky Translucent Powder
How much? $16.99 AUS
Where from? Coles (Local supermarket)
Thoughts? A friend recommended I try this after me complaining about being unhappy with my overall finish. I don't actually see a difference in when I set with my studio fix powder or this powder. I'm not sure if I'm using it properly and stopping myself from the full potential but honestly - I am not a fan of  this powder.
Rating out of 5? 3.5



WHAT? NYX Mega Shine Lipglosses in shades 'Nude Peach', 'Nude Pink' & 'Perfect'.
How much? $3.75 US (each)
Where from? Beauty Joint
Thoughts? I LOVE THEM! They are such amazing value. They have great pigmentation, and the brush isnt a crappy lip brush as expected from drugstore makeup.. I think alot of people are missing out by the lack of availability of NYX in Australia. It truly exceeds it's title of drugstore makeup and I dare say even if these lipglosses were $10 each I would still purchase! My favourite is 'Perfect'.
Rating out of 5? 5

L-R 'Nude Peach' 'Perfect' 'Nude Pink'


WHAT? BYS Lipsticks in shades 'Beautifully Bare' & 'Champagne Rain'
How much? $3.95 AUS (each)
Where from? Fashion Addict
Thoughts? My oh my! This review is a bit of a contrast between the 2. I am not overwelmed by the 'Beautifully Bare' Lipstick. It's really nothing different from the shades I already own. It doesn't make it a bad product though - just not something that stands out. Now for the contrasting part - Although you're probably thinking - these shades are so similiar in colour.. They arent! 'Champagne Rain' is absoutely AMAZING! I wear this almost everyday. It is the perfect colour for my skin tone and it just wonderful. I couldn't be happier with it. In fact I am about to repurchase another 2 just in case it gets discontinued anytime soon. 
Rating out of 5? 4.5 (only .5 less of 5 due to not being overly impressed with 'Beautifully Bare')

This is a picture of my lip routine.
Products
Maybelline BABYLIPS Chapstick
BYS Lipstick in 'Champagne Rain'
Urban Decay Mini Plumping Gloss in 'Naked'





1 comment:

  1. The golden rose blush looks amazing, such a pretty colour!

    X

    ReplyDelete